Finance Manager (Maternity Cover)
1 Year FTC Maternity Cover – 30 hours per week over 5 days (Mon – Fri)
Purpose of Role
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the preparation of Financial and Management Accounts for ADCW, including managing a small team and deputising for the Financial Controller where necessary.
- Managing all aspects of the preparation of monthly accounts for ADCW.
- Overseeing the Month end accounting close out process, including sub contractor and secondee accruals, invoicing from parent companies.
- Cash and bank reconciliations, monitoring, forecasting and reporting.
- Overseeing all balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in managing the Treasury function, ensuring surplus funds are placed to maximise returns within the investment guidelines
- Overseeing the preparation of ADCW VAT and CIS returns.
- Overseeing the preparation of information as required by parent companies to support their accounting requirements.
- Assisting with the preparation of consolidated budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in ‘ad hoc’ projects when required.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Occasional travel to other offices.
- Review and approval of payment runs.
- Being the principal point of contact for all matters relating to the electronic banking systems
- Deputising for the Financial Controller where necessary
- Managing a small transaction processing team.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant or similar experience.
- Familiarity in operating computerised Accounting systems.
- Hands-on approach – this is an operational role with only limited managerial responsibilities.
- Effective communication skills.
- Advanced spreadsheets skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Good team player, also able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively other members of the team and to manage relationships with other departments (e.g. Procurement, Commercial & ADSL Finance)
- Ability to display initiative and work well in an environment of change.
- Ability to deputise for the Financial Controller where necessary (Board meetings, SMT meetings, Project reviews etc)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Construction Industry experience
- Mentor accounting system experience desirable but not essential.