Senior Quantity Surveyor
Key Purpose of the Role:
Accountable to the Commercial Manager/ Project Commercial Manager for commercial and contractual aspects of ABP (Army Basing Programme).
- Responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial practices within a project ensuring:
- Timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract, Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 if appropriate.
- Ensure Cash Management is effected.
- Maintaining Risk Management processes and procedures.
- Ensure proper and timely notification of Contract or Insurance events.
- Contractual correspondence
- Preparing accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
- Budget preparation
- Approving Interim and Final account measurement
- Approving Pricing and Rating variations
- Obtaining appropriate Extension of Time Management, interim and final account agreement of sub-contracts
good quality and accurate records are kept
- Drafting Claims (where appropriate) for approval prior to submission
- Maintenance of cost control systems for demonstration to clients (where required)
- To produce Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
- To produce Project Value Enhancement Plans.
- To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the effective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in technical, commercial, construction environment.
- Likely to have 5 years business experience and/or be a fully qualified professional with minimum of 2 years PQE with Intermediate Level Qualifications.
- Effective communication skills.
- Advanced spreadsheets skills.