Key Purpose of the Role:
To manage all production and associated functions on site, including pro-actively liaising with both the delivery team and the project manager / director about the programming and resourcing of the works, the Commercial function to monitor and review the preliminary contract costs against actual costs and delivery, the Planning function to monitor and review the project progress against the agreed timetable.
- Plan, co-ordinate and review the progress of the Construction programme, taking any necessary corrective action to meet, and where possible, exceed the expectations of the client
- Through progress meetings with individual and, where necessary, multiple trades, ensure that all sub-contractors have all the necessary resources and information to deliver the programme of work
- Ensure compliance with the contract drawings and specifications, together with the Employer’s requirements and Contractor’s proposals
- To establish and maintain all systems, policies and processes around Health & Safety and welfare, Quality and Sustainability issues to ensure compliance with agreed standards
- Through effective planning, communication, development and direction ensure the high performance of his / her team
Skills and Experience
- Experience working on a high value construction/main contractor project.
- Likely to have 5 years business experience and/or be a fully qualified professional with minimum of 2 years PQE with Intermediate Level Qualifications.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business.
- SMSTS, NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- CSCS card