Purpose of Role
To undertake the detailed management and liaison with individual trade foremen and supervisors in order to ensure that the design is complied with, and that installation is in accordance with required specification and standards.
- Ensure that agreed quality control procedures are correctly and fully understood and implemented
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of Health and Safety, including ensuring the proper use of plant and equipment, and the timing and co-operation of the various teams of trades
- Through weekly progress meetings with the individual trade foremen and supervisors, to agree and review the short term programmes of work contained in the Method Statement, including: areas of actual and/or potential risk, Carillion’s stated commitment to Sustainability, Ways to work ‘Smarter, Better, Faster’ are all promptly and efficiently highlighted and resolved, whether via the group themselves, or through the site management team
Skills and Experience
- Experience working on a construction/main contractor project.
- Likely to have 5 years’ experience and/or be a fully qualified professional
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business.
- SMSTS, NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- CSCS card