Key Purpose of the Role:
To deliver the construction programme in line with the agreed standards by taking responsibility for all day to day ‘on site’ issues within the post holder’s defined section of work.
- Obtain all the relevant information that is needed to enable the effective planning and monitoring of the programme of works (e.g. Method Statements, Permits to Work and contractual constraints and requirements), and review them to make sure that they are accurate, deliverable and reflect ‘best practice’.
- Inspect, prepare and maintain the site for the delivery of the construction programme, including temporary works.
- Co-ordinate and log the interface between the trades and ADCW, and between the various trades themselves, to ensure that progress against programme is regularly planned and reviewed, and all potential and/or actual risks are quickly identified and resolved.
- Monitor and control subcontract operations and staff, and the use and deployment of plant and equipment, to ensure that work carried out within the allocated section is in line with both the agreed specification and programme, and ADCW’s requirements on Health and Safety, Quality and Sustainability.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working on a high value construction/main contractor project.
- Likely to have 2-5 years business experience, be a minimum part-qualified professional, and have a Certificate Level of Qualification as a minimum.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the business.
- SMSTS or IOSH qualification
- CSCS card