Vehicle Fitter / Examiner
Purpose: Provision of Transport Equipment Support and Equipment Care delivery of service. Maintenance and repair of Vehicles and Equipment’s to DVSA and Military Standards; Including HGV – MAN SV, Land Rovers, Trailers and Small Generators.
- Attainment and retention of both Core and Technical competencies associated to position
- Undertaking full 1st line ES throughput, including:
- Inspection, fault diagnosis, repair, maintenance, and modification iaw relevant standards (Business, DVSA and Customer).
- Completion of all associated documentation, both hard copy and/or MIS based in line with associated standards.
- Deputise for Senior Vehicle Examiner in periods of absence, including local management of Inspections throughput
Experience & Skills required:
- DVSA Inspections Qualification and/or MoD Authorised Inspector Vehicles Qualification (D827)
- Vehicle Engineering Qualification – City & Guilds Level 3 and/or BTEC / IMI / NVQ equivalent
- JAMES user knowledge / experience
- H&S Qualification: IOSH working safely (desirable)
- Full clean driving licence: Cat “C” minimal, Cat (C+E) desirable