Purpose: To act as a Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) QUALIFIED National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) Lifeguard for all military training pool sessions in the Tidworth Leisure Centre Swimming Pool; and Bulford Camp Swimming Pool. When not acting in the capacity of Lifeguard, the attendant is required to conduct day to day administration to assist where necessary.
- Act as lifeguard for all military training sessions conducted by uti8 AIPT or APTC Instructors, carry out swimming pool rescues, to apply resuscitation and to administer first aid as may be necessary.
- Ensure that all equipment in the pool stores is clean and in a serviceable condition, reporting to the General Manager any items for repair or replacement.
- To carry out cleaning duties as necessary and to ensure the building is as clean as possible. This may include cubicles, toilets and drains. To continuously combat the problem of litter whilst on the premises.
Experience & Skills Required:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and attend 1 x NPLQ Training Session per Month to keep their qualification valid. Training for NPLQ qualification can be provided
- First Aid at Work.
- Full (UK) Valid driving licence
This post requires the Incumbent employee to be subject to Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure check to be made into personal background for working with children.