Key Purpose: This role has specific responsibility for supervising the maintenance workforce. The post holder will, in conjunction with the Reactive Maintenance Manager, ensure all works requests received are completed in a timely manner and closed out ensuring best use of resource available.
- Ensure the adoption of ADSL’s HS&E policies and procedures throughout the area of responsibility and manage the safe systems of work for all estate related activities.
- Supervision and line management of multi-disciplined tradesmen and specialists delivering the maintenance services
- Monitor the performance of the workforce, quality, and quantity, to ensure that standards are maintained and that the individual training needs / potential are identified
- Responsible for the use of materials and vehicles to ensure they’re correct and efficient use and that all wastage is minimised
- Ensure that all equipment and materials ordered are received, and are available to operatives so that a continuous flow of work is maintained
Experience & Skills required:
- Industry Related Qualifications or relevant trade experience
- Relevant supervisory experience in a similar position
- Proven ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Commercially aware with good negotiating skills.
- Excellent client facing skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels