Warminster Garrison is located on the western edge of Salisbury Plain, under the shadow of Battlesbury Hill, an Iron Age fortress used by the Romans as a staging camp for legions marching from Salisbury to Bath.
The current site was created in 1938 and is home to the Land Warfare Centre.
The Centre incorporates a wide range of specialist services to deliver training and support to enable soldiers to prepare for operations.
Every British Army officer passes through the Garrison at least once during their career and many return on courses and to undertake training time after time.
Over 30 new buildings were delivered under Project Allenby/Connaught including 12 36-bed single living accommodation blocks and a diner with a seating capacity of over 230.