Statement – KBR acquires Aspire Defence Joint Ventures
Announcement today confirms Project Allenby/Connaught and Army Basing Programme works continue as normal across Salisbury Plain Training Area and at Aldershot.
Aspire Defence Limited welcomes the announcement today by KBR that it has completed the acquisition of Carillion’s interests in three Aspire Defence joint ventures, following Carillion’s liquidation in January 2018.
KBR has supported Project Allenby/Connaught (PAC) since 2006 through the operation of these joint ventures. Under PAC, Aspire Defence delivers modern, purpose-built living and working accommodation and facilities management services on garrisons across Salisbury Plain Training Area and at Aldershot, on behalf of the Defence Infrastructure Organisation. PAC is one of the largest PFIs let by the Ministry of Defence and runs until 2041.
KBR assumed operational control of the Aspire joint ventures following Carillion’s insolvency announcement in January, including the hiring of affected Carillion staff. Since that time, normal business operations have been maintained without disruption to delivery of services or performance.
Allan Thomson, Chief Executive of Aspire Defence Limited, said:
“The announcement by KBR today sends a clear message of reassurance that Project Allenby/Connaught remains on track and continues to enhance defence infrastructure, provide a first-rate service to soldiers and deliver long term value for the MOD. We look forward to continuing our excellent relationship with KBR and maintaining our outstanding record on quality, safety and customer service.”
Stuart Bradie, KBR President and CEO, said:
“This acquisition and our commitment to maintain the stability of the project strengthens KBR’s long-standing relationship with the UK MOD as a core client. KBR has spent more than 12 years delivering this program to re-house soldiers into fit for purpose accommodation and working facilities. We look forward to continuing to provide market-leading construction and long-term maintenance services in support of the Army Basing Programme within the Project Allenby/Connaught footprint and to provide base support services across Salisbury Plain and Aldershot garrisons. This project underpins our long term relationship with the MOD whether at the home base, providing deployed operational support or acting as an integrator of complex defence equipment and systems.”
Notes for editors:
- The Army Basing Programme (ABP) is a joint DIO and Army programme set up to implement the Regular Army Basing Plan announced by the Secretary of State for Defence in March 2013. It will provide the facilities the Army needs to live, work and train in the UK as it returns from Germany, rebases across the UK and restructures to its future Army 2020 formations.
- DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). It is responsible for managing and maintaining land and properties, as well as providing related support services, to meet the current and future needs of the MOD and personnel at home and abroad, and to support current operations.
- Aspire Defence is improving living and working environments for British soldiers through provision of modern, high-quality, fully-serviced and purpose-built accommodation in Aldershot and across Salisbury Plain, under the 35-year Project Allenby/Connaught contract (PAC). PAC is one of the largest infrastructure PFIs (Private Finance Initiative) ever let by the Ministry of Defence.
- Aspire Defence is comprised of Aspire Defence Limited (ADL), Aspire Defence Capital Works (ADCW), Aspire Defence Services (ADS) and Aspire Defence Services Limited (ADSL). ADL holds the contract with the MOD and is owned by three shareholders – KBR (45%) and funds managed by Innisfree (37.5%) and InfraRed (17.5%). ADL sub-contracts to ADCW, which is delivering the construction to support the Army Basing Programme, and ADSL, responsible for a comprehensive range of facilities management services delivered over the 35 years of the contract.
- For more information, visit aspiredefence.co.uk
Call the Press Office on 01980 885483